Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The GREAT Outdoors

I love being outside at this time of year. The air is crisp and there is a property to it which is almost an anti-depressant. You may know that people in northern latitudes experience Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) which is a seasonal depression believed to be related to the long nights and lack of fresh air. I feel that i suffer from something similar in the long, hot summers where the sun is relentless and its heat even invades the nights here in the desert. But now the depression is lifting, the nights and mornings are cool, almost crisp. The top is off the Jeep which alleviates the stress of the long day as I drive home in the cooling night air. I went with Dr. McClure (my supervising physician at work) to a morning meeting he has at the local Hospice where he is the medical director. The meeting was on the screened porch off the back of the house...what a wonderful morning. Fresh air, birds chirping, green grass, shade trees...relaxes me just to write about it.

This also means that I am itching to get in the Jeep. Poor thing is neglected! I should be going out on Saturday morning if all goes well. I'll be sure to post some pictures. Have a nice Autumn

No comments: